Trusted Atlanta Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
Atlanta Georgia has unfortunately seen an increase in dog bite injuries over the last decade. Atlanta Dog Bite Injury Attorneys also know that Dog bites can cause serious physical and emotional injuries, including:
- deep lacerations,
- nerve damage,
- emotional trauma, and in some cases even death.
Victims of an Atlanta dog bite injury or attack can suffer long-term physical and psychological damage.
It is important for victims to seek medical attention immediately after being bitten by a dog as well as contact an Atlanta personal injury lawyer who can help them get the compensation they deserve. In addition to seeking immediate medical care and legal help, it is also important to educate residents on safety around animals to reduce these incidents from occurring in the first place.
What Happens After An Atlanta Dog Bite Injury?
After an Atlanta dog bite injury, victims must seek medical attention immediately in order to reduce the risk of infection and complications. It is also important to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible, in order to make sure the victim’s rights are protected and they get the full compensation they are entitled to under Georgia law. After consulting with an Atlanta dog bite injury attorney, victims may need to take further legal action in court if the dog owner refuses to pay for their damages.
Contact Atlanta Dog Bite Injury Attorneys To Go Over Your Rights
The court may decide that punitive damages can be awarded for particularly egregious cases of dog bites or negligence. Additionally, it is important for victims of dog bites to keep any records related to the incident, such as medical bills and photographs of any wounds caused by the animal.
It is important for victims to remember that even after a successful resolution of their case, they should continue seeking counseling or therapy if needed, in order to cope with the emotional and psychological trauma that may have been caused by the incident.
Call Atlanta Dog Bite Injury Attorneys To Learn How We Can Help You
Steps To Take Immediately After A Dog Bite Injury or Attack
- Immediately clean the wound with soap and water, if possible.
- Apply pressure to the wound to stop any bleeding.
- Call 911 or seek immediate medical attention at an emergency room or urgent care center.
- If possible, try to identify the dog and its owner and get contact information for both.
- Follow the doctor’s instructions for wound treatment and watch for signs of infection.
- Contact animal control or your local health department and report the incident, as required by law in some areas.
- Take pictures of the dog and your wounds to document what happened (if it is safe to do so).
- Consult with experienced Atlanta dog bite injury attorneys about your case to discuss potential legal action against the dog’s owner if necessary
Atlanta Dog Bite Injury Attorneys Are Ready To Help You
If you have been the victim of a dog bite in Atlanta, GA, and are looking for legal representation, look no further than the experienced Humphrey and Ballard Law. Speak to qualified Dog Bite Injury Attorneys who are dedicated to fighting for the justice you deserve and helping you recover costs related to medical bills and lost wages as a result of your injury. We understand how traumatic an animal attack can be and are committed to providing compassionate, aggressive representation so that you get the best possible outcome in your case. Don’t wait – contact our office today and let us begin fighting for you!