Have you or your loved one suffered from a brain injury? Are you wondering whether or not you should be compensated for the brain injury? Well, if your brain injury was caused by someone’s carelessness or recklessness, you could be entitled to compensation.
At Humphrey & Ballard Law, our Riverdale brain injury lawyers are ready to handle your case. Contact us today and talk to the best personal injury lawyers in Riverdale for the best outcome.
How Do I Know If I Have a Brain Injury?
Have you recently suffered a personal injury and are not sure whether or not you have a brain injury? If you are experiencing these symptoms, you may have a brain injury and should seek medical assistance immediately:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Drowsiness or fatigue
- Speech problems
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Ringing in the ears
- Blurred vision
- Bad taste in the mouth or changes in smell
- Sensitivity to light or sound
- Loss of consciousness for some seconds or minutes
- Often dazed, confused, or disoriented
- Concentration or memory problems
- Mood swings
- Feeling anxious or depressed
- Difficulty sleeping
- Sleeping for extended periods more than normal
If you or your loved one are experiencing these or more symptoms, you need to get assistance immediately. Seek a neurologist who can diagnose your brain injury and get assistance before things get worse. If these symptoms come up due to a previous accident, you need to contact Humphrey & Ballard Law to get the legal assistance you need when it comes to compensation. We are the best brain injury lawyers in Riverdale, GA, and are ready to start working on your case immediately.
What Are Some of the Leading Causes of Traumatic Brain Injury?
Traumatic brain injuries are categorized into the following:
- Open Injuries – Here, the brain has been severely penetrated whether by a bullet or any other instrument leaving an open wound. Open brain injuries are serious and should be attended to immediately to avoid further side effects.
- Closed Injuries – Here, the skull has not been penetrated but the brain has been injured. These happen due to serious falls or vehicle accidents. Most people often suffer concussions due to closed brain injuries.
- Deceleration Injury – Here, the brain has been slammed against the skull causing serious injury.
- Chemical/Toxic Injury – Here, you have inhaled a harmful chemical such as lead, pesticide, or carbon monoxide which has penetrated the brain causing serious injuries.
- Hypoxia – This type of brain injury is usually caused by a lack of oxygen as a result of a heart attack, stroke, or drowning accident.
- Medical Issues – Brain injuries might also be caused by tumors, strokes, or infections among other medical illnesses.
If you or your loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury from any of the causes mentioned above, you need to get medical assistance immediately. Also, if the brain injury happened due to an accident, you should seek legal assistance from our law firm.
At Humphrey & Ballard Law, we have enough experience handling different types of brain injuries. We can help you get the compensation you deserve to handle the medical costs that come up.
What Are the Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Some of the symptoms you might experience after suffering a traumatic brain injury include the following:
- Trouble concentrating
- Recurring headaches
- Memory loss
- Emotional outbursts
- Inability to perform daily tasks
- Balance problems
- Sensitivity to noise or light
If you are experiencing these symptoms, you need to seek medical help immediately. Also, you need to receive compensation if these symptoms come up after an accident. Talk to our experienced Riverdale brain injury lawyers at Humphrey & Ballard to get the legal help you need. We are here to help.
Why Is It Important to See a Doctor After a Head Injury?
After suffering a head injury, especially for closed traumatic brain injuries, you might not be aware of what’s happening. Therefore, if you fail to get the necessary treatment, you are likely going to suffer serious or fatal consequences. If you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above, you need to seek medical help immediately. With further tests and diagnosis, you should receive the treatment you need to avoid fatal consequences.
Note that, medical costs for a traumatic brain injury might be too high so you need legal help too. Contact Humphrey & Ballard Law today now. We can start working on your case immediately to make sure you are compensated for your brain injury.
Why Should I Hire a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Riverdale, GA?
Well, if you are wondering if you need a brain injury lawyer, here are a few reasons why you should hire Humphrey & Ballard today:
After suffering a traumatic brain injury, you are less likely able to handle an investigation into the cause of your injury. If it was an accident, you will not be able to check the causes of the accident that led to your brain injury. That’s why it’s advisable to use Humphrey & Ballard Law because we have the experience required to handle the investigation from start to finish. Meanwhile, you can take the time to rest and recuperate.
Since you have to file a lawsuit to receive compensation, we can help negotiate with the other party to make sure they give you a fair settlement for your accident. In your current condition, you might not be able to handle the various meetings involved in the settlement negotiation process. We are expert negotiators and are ready to make sure you receive a fair settlement for your brain injury.
Trial & Litigation
If your case ends up in court, you need the best litigators in Riverdale, GA on your side. At Humphrey & Ballard Law, we are proud to be working on your case and our litigation experience allows us to be the best people to fight for you.
Contact us today and let us start working on your case as you rest and recuperate from your traumatic injuries. We are here and ready to help.
Can Insurance Companies Obtain My Past Medical Records in Georgia?
When you file a traumatic brain injury lawsuit, the insurance company doesn’t require your entire medical history to prove your case. The most important part of your medical history will be the one relating to the brain injury caused by an accident. At Humphrey & Ballard Law, we will not allow insurance companies to have unrestricted access to your medical history. we are here to protect your interests and make sure that the insurance company pays for everything.
What Happens if the Insurance Company Refuses to Pay My Medical Bills?
If the insurance company fails to pay for your medical bills in a traumatic brain injury case, we will take your case to court. Humphrey & Ballard Law is home to the best Riverdale brain injury lawyers who can make sure that you receive every cent you deserve as compensation. We are experienced in litigation matters and can handle your case in court as you recuperate from your traumatic brain injury. Call us today and let us work on your case to ensure that the insurance company pays for everything.
What Compensation Can I Receive for a Brain Injury in Georgia?
Once you have filed your lawsuit after suffering a traumatic brain injury in Georgia, you should be able to receive the following types of compensation:
- Past Medical Bills – You should be compensated for all the medical costs incurred when treating your traumatic brain injury including emergency care, surgeries, doctor’s visits, medications, and much more.
- Future Medical Bills – Here, you will receive compensation for future medical bills regarding your brain injury. These include ongoing doctor care or hospital care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Wages and Benefits – Here, you will be compensated for the value of wages and benefits that you lost when you suffered a brain injury making it hard for you to work.
- Non-Economic Damages – Here, you will be compensated for your pain and suffering related to your brain injury.
By working with Humphrey & Ballard, you can rest assured that you will be covered for all the costs incurred due to your brain injury. We are here to help and make sure that you recuperate without worrying about how to pay for everything.
Are There Time Limits for Filing a TBI Claim in Georgia?
If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury in Georgia, you have a period of two years from the date of the accident to file a claim for compensation. Call our law firm today and we can start working on your case immediately to meet the requirements of the statute of limitations.
Speak With an Experienced Riverdale Brain Injury Lawyer
Humphrey and Ballard Law should be your first choice for handling traumatic brain injuries in Riverdale, GA. We are equipped with a team of litigators, investigators, and paralegals ready to start working on your case immediately. Call us now at 404-341-0499 so we can start the investigation of your traumatic brain injury immediately. We are here and ready to help to make sure you are fully compensated.